Learning Log 4



Learning Log 4

(26/07/2016) 

Today, I had a special workshop and learned about Corpus Linguistics with BNC web by Dr. Kriangkrai Vathanalaoha. Corpus was both collection of words and theory and methodology of language. I knew about the history of corpus. It had two cases; the case for introspection that focus on language competence rather than language performance. The case for empiricism which belie

ved that introspective was artificial. Then, teacher told me to know the types of corpora. There were seven types;
·   Specialized Corpus: It was a specific information.
·   General Corpus: It was a specific information.
·   Multilingual Corpus: 
·   Parallel Corpus: It was a translate text.
·  Learner Corpus: Language use crated by people learning a particular language.
· Historical or Diachronic Corpus: 1.5 million words of text from 700AD - 1700AD. 
·  Monitor Corpus: Continually being added to.
Moreover, I learned the processes in Corpus linguistics that were frequencies, concordances, collocations, distribution information, keywords and dispersion plots.
We could know about the words or sentences that can use in many real situation truly. I tried to use corpus by searching some phrase followed by the process that teacher taught. So it made me known about many words and how to use them correctly.
    Finally, Corpus was a useful material that I could use for my daily life. The key was I could use to apply in my teaching in the future. 

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

ขับเคลื่อนโดย Blogger.